File drawer number one was a time capsule of the years 1982 through 1991.
From top to bottom I filtered through what you may agree are basic essential ‘must keep’ items. NOT!
- Minimum Wage Poster circa 1982
- Expense reports from the 80’s
- Corporate manuals and procedure guides from the 80’s
- Bank receipts and bill stubs from….you’ve got it…the 80’s
- My daughter’s journal circa 1983
- My daughter’s elementary school records
- My daughter’s dance recital memorabilia
- A cassette tape of my daughter reading stories at age 6 (BONUS FIND…I hope it isn’t dry rotted!)
- A handmade paper Christmas ornament
- Birthday cards
- Thank you cards
- Valentine’s Day cards
And moving into the nineties…
- Earth Day paraphernalia…Going Green’s 20th
- Christmas cards
- More bank receipts and bill stubs
And under it all……
- Two tiny little boxes of TEETH! Grossed me out!!!
Now, out of all this stuff I am keeping ONE thing. I will keep the cassette tape of my little girl’s voice. AND, I will say prayers for the 18 people who sent me Christmas cards in 1990 that have passed away.
This is your moment. Live in it…. not the eighties, or the nineties, or the two thousand twenties!
Jakikiri Joka Ho